An impressive appearance on the island is the lighthouse, built in 1880 of cast iron and 55 metres high. Since 2005, the lighthouse isn't used by the coast guard and isn't manned anymore. (there are camera's now to keep an eye on the shore).
The characteristic bundles of light still shine over the island and the lighthouse is now open for public. On different floors the visitor can find fascinating exhibitions and former lighthouse keepers digitally tell their stories.
Who takes up the challenge and climbs the 236 stairs of the lighthouse, awaits a stunning and unique view upstairs.
Opening hours 2021, subject to changes
- 22 July - 31 October: Monday through Sunday from 10:00 - 20:00
- 1 November - 30 November: Thuesday through Sunday from 13:00 - 17:00
- 1 December - 19 December: Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday from 13:00 - 17:00
- 20 December - 31 December : Monday and holidays from 13:00 - 17:00, Tuesday through Sunday from 10:00 - 17:00, Friday and Saturday also from 19:00 - 21:00
Note: During a visit to the lighthouse, wearing a mouth mask is still mandatory!
Opening hours 2022, subject to changes:
- 1 January - 2 January: Monday and holidays from 13:00 - 17:00, Tuesday through Sunday from 10:00 - 17:00, Friday and Saturday also from 19:00 - 21:00
Closed on 2, 3 and 4 december 2021
- Adults € 5,50 p.p.
- Children (5 up to and including 12 years old) € 4,00 p.p.
9161 CB , Hollum
0031519 - 542737