Village Tower Nes
The stand-alone village tower is a distinct landmark in the heart of the village Nes. The clock tower, constructed with yellow stones, is built on a small elevation. The tower was built in 1664, commissioned by Valerius van Cammingha and Rixt van Donia, at the time they were Lord and Lady of Ameland.
In 1732, the village tower was elevated in order to serve as a beacon for commercial shipping, commissioned by Prince Willem IV, then Lord of Ameland. From then, the original spire was replaced by the current saddle roof.